Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Modern Prophetic Praise and Worship

I've noticed a lot of new worship leaders in the prophetic realm and there seems to be just as much skepticism over whether these musicians are being lead of the Spirit or are just plain irreverent. I'm not sure I want to judge anyone's worship unless it is obviously against God in some way. Personally I enjoy some of these new worshipers and their passion that's being expressed. It seems like we need more people who are willing to push the envelope instead of being "radio friendly" in their worship. Lately I've really been getting into stuff by Rick Pino and Misty Edwards because you can actually feel the Spirit while listening to their music. That's the kind of music I want to make. Something that goes beyond sounding nice like ear candy and actually moves you deeply emotionally and spiritually. That's the kind of worship music this generation needs in order to connect with the Lord on a real level. I pray that this year we will all desire more passion in our worship of God and our pursuit to know Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment